My poor, poor husband! He sort of knew what he was getting into when he married me, but was there any real way to prepare him for the crazy OCD girl that is me? I don’t think so. It’s one of those day by day learning experiences for sure.
Since I was a little girl I have been a complete neat freak, a perfectionist and WAY too into decorating and design than anyone should be. I mean, come on, an 8 year old finds it enjoyable to paint and decorate her room rather than playing with her friends? Yep, that was me!
So now that we have this fairly sizable new home, I of course must have every room in show home condition. Or at the very least something my friends can oooh and aahh over when they come over!
This morning I woke up still sick with a cold, but feeling energized to get started on some little projects. Just to give you an idea of the never ending list, here is a starter of what I would like to do:
Family Room/ Kitchen:
- Order fabric for sofa pillows
- Redo hideous river rock fireplace
- Hang SOMETHING over the mantel
- Replace wobbly, wrong style fan
- Have new slipcovers made for kitchen table chairs
- Purchase slipcovered wingback dining chairs for heads of table
- Repaint or wallpaper room
- Hang art and candle sconces
- Redo marble on existing fireplace mantel
- Purchase large round convex mirror for over mantel
- Tables! Cocktail, end and sofa table needed.
- Have electrician install outlet in floor behind sofa for lamps
- Purchase desk
- General organization needed
Guest Room 1
- Redo window seat…pull off carpet and have cushions and pillows made for the area.
- Hang art above bed
- Find comfy chair for the room
Guest Room 2
- Paint over UGLY dark red walls
- Purchase twin beds and small bedside table for inbetween
- Find wall art
- Redo window seat…same as above
- Replace lighting part of ceiling fan
- Take down the sconces…all six of them!
- Need mirror for over dresser
- Put up art
- Total remodel
- Finish remodel
- Purchase cushions for new teak outdoor sectional
- Replace dining and lounge outdoor furniture to teak to match.
Whew! I’m exhausted and broke just writing that! That list will not be finished anytime soon and that’s ok. Isn’t that the fun of decorating a home…building and growing as you become more accustomed to it? I’ve just never had this much of a pallet to work with. Since I grew up mostly in apartments or condos up until six years ago, this is a treat! I will be sharing as I knock these things out one by one.