I’m back from a whirlwind two days at the Design Bloggers Conference that was held in Beverly Hills this week. To say I am inspired and motivated (and EXHAUSTED) is a bit understated. I’ve never in my life been around so many unbelievably talented people and learned so much in such a short period of time. There were times I just could NOT believe that I was…..
1) sitting next to Joe Ruggiero the entire first day of the conference and then we had the pleasure of eating lunch together the second day.
2) met some of most fav bloggers/designers including Cristin Priest of Simplified Bee, Lauren Liess of Pure Style Home, Tobi Fairley, and Erin Olson from House of Turquoise (btw Erin I want to steal your closet!). I also met a bunch of local designers and bloggers that I cannot wait to meet up with again soon! You know who you are ladies! *wink wink*
3) at one point I was sitting next to Ann Maine the editor in chief of Traditional Home…NUTSO!
4) getting a sneak peak at Tobi Fairley’s new fabrics that I CANNOT wait to use in my clients homes!
5) received so many valuable tid bits and knowledge about the design industry that this new biz owner can definitely use.
I am pumped up now and I can’t wait for the next event in a few months, Blogfest in New York City!
But in other news, I had some personal craziness going on while I was sitting in the conference the first day….HOUSE OFFERS! We actually got our first one not even 24 hours after we had listed it! Can you believe that…in this market?! My poor hubby was a mess trying to contact me to discuss the offers, deal with the real estate peeps, and try to work. He had to pretty much go it alone since I was hunkered down in a meeting room for two days. But here we are…IN ESCROW! Yep, we did it. Less than one week after we listed our home, we are now in escrow….and scrambling to find a new place to live. As I told you all in my previous post, we are looking for a project so that I can not only really create a home with OUR touches, but also so I can build my portfolio. We’re going this afternoon on a serious hunt with our agent. We’ll see!
So now I am pulling together ideas for all the things we know will have to be done in any place we buy…. a new kitchen, new baths, doors, windows, flooring, etc. Here are some ideas I’ve been playing with for the most fun part of the upcoming project (in my eyes anyway), the kitchen!
Thick, eased edge countertops. Painted island with all white kitchen.
And my obsession…Walker Zanger tile backsplash! I’ve loved this for quite a few years now and have been WAITING to use this in a kitchen. Love.
Things are going to get CA-RAY-ZEE up in here very soon. Hope you’ll join me in our new adventure!