I’ve had a LONG list of to-dos for our home since we moved in over a year and a half ago. But the budget has been SLIM to say the least. So lots has been put on the back burner for now. But there are a few little things that I knocked out the last two weeks that cost little to no money and made a noticeable difference.
First up, the front door which I blogged about some time ago here. After putting off this project for MONTHS, we finally got around to painting it after all our rain and unusual cold back in December actually made the paint crack and show the old red paint the door use to be featured in. In an effort to continue to create a home that has a nice visual flow from the inside out, I decided to paint our door a shade of blue found in the living room and dining room of our place. The dining room is currently Ben Moore HC 143 Wythe Blue. Love it…gorgeous, oceany, and serene.
We tried this on the door, but it just didn’t have the right amount of punch. It needed to be darker since our home has sort of a large presence from the street. We ended up settling on a more true blue paint color Jamestown Blue HC 148. It’s not as green as Wythe, but it still works with all the blues going on in our home.
Here is the before of our front door…. It LOOKS blue in the picture, but I promise you it is more brown in person.
And here is our front door now…..
Ummm and did you see that there is a recessed light over our front door? Who does that!? That too my friend, will be gone someday soon I hope. Yuck.
Then of course a few days later I decided I needed to tackle another project. Our bedroom balcony patio. We had some serious winter this year in Southern California. No really…we had near freezing temps in December, tons of rain and high winds, and even a bit of hail. In our neck of the woods where 65-70 degrees is normal year round, this was a weird season. The balcony just got hit badly and our plants died, the wicker was chipped and beat up and the whole thing was just dirty and filled with leaves. So I decided that everything needed a nice new coat of spray paint, cushions needed to be washed and plants needed to be put in.
So with those two projects out of the way it’s on to cushions for the window seats in the little ones room and the guest room. Off to the upholsterer!!!