I spoke with a girlfriend earlier today about how our wardrobes have changed since having kids. No, its not because our bodies have changed and we can’t fit in to the same kinds of clothes we use to. Actually I personally haven’t had a problem with that..THANK GOD! The problem is I don’t get out much. Haha! No really, I DON’T GET OUT MUCH! I’ve actually gone a full stinkin’ week in the past before I even left the house. Not a proud moment.
But as mommies we sort of all develop our own personal mommy style. Someone else might have their uniform they always wear, but when you see them you think, “Wow, look how put together she is…I wish I could dress like that”. Well, little do we know, but that chick who’s outfit you love has probably worn it twice already this week and wore it last week too. Doesn’t matter…you still envy her style.
Well, my good girlfriend complemented me on my style and how I still “have it”. What a super awesome compliment I think! So here I’m going to share the top 10 things I love for me now that I’m a mom and a stay at home one at that. And yes, I wear the same outfit twice in one week…sometimes even three times.
1) True Religion Stella Skinny Jean in dark blue wash
LOVE LOVE LOVE these jeans! I never in a million years thought I would love skinny jeans, but I do. I’ve tried to buy other brands of skinny jeans and I can’t do it. There is something about this cut that just flatters a girl with some thigh meat. And TR jeans have a wide seam on the outer sides that really thin the leg out more. Totally flattering! Wear them in warm weather with flip flops or ballet flats and in the winter with flat boots. For a night out I just throw on my platform pumps and I’m good to go.
These little sweeties are from J.Crew. I love a good metallic sandal. Perfect for a slightly dressier look in the warmer months.
Here I am many, many months after my last posting in AUGUST! I wasn’t sure if I wanted to continue writing my blog, so I took a bit of a hiatus. Well, I’m back and I’ve decided to not pressure myself on trying to write something every single day, but instead write when I really have something fun to talk about.
The holidays were wonderful and I probably overdid it a bit with the festivities Christmas Eve, day and that night. I’ll have to share my recipes from the whole event. But that’s later.
So now that we are officially in the swing of 2009 I have decided to tackle a few resolutions. Here they are:
1. Plan out a weekly dinner plan—thus saving myself from last minute stress trying to figure out what to make and also saving us money by not having to order take-out from my lack of preparation.
2. No drinking alcohol Monday-Thursday. —Ok, so originally Reed and I had said no WEEKDAY drinking, which should probably include Friday. However, we are pretty much both wine addicts and even going 4 days without our fix is going to be hard. We are doing this to not only save money, but to also cut out those calories and hopefully shedding some lbs!
3. Get out of the house at least once a day!—This might sound strange, but since I became a mommy, I find myself getting stuck in a rut and finding excuses to stay inside all day and never leave. Yes, this even includes just going in the backyard and letting Ellie play outside. I know, BAD! I don’t know where this came from, but I need to knock it off. It’s not good for me or Ellie.
4. Pick up a lost hobby.—Again, I’ve become a bit boring. I need to start drawing again, reading books, gardening, etc. I use to do a lot of things, but my hobbies now seem to always be keeping the house clean, doing laundry and cooking. That’s not always fun…yes I find those things sort of fun..I’m odd that way. It’s time to pick up some other things that make help me relax.
So there they are. My 2009 resolutions. We shall see if I can really execute them throughout the year!