I’ve always been a lover of all things nautical, so when deciding on lighting for our new place, I knew right away that I wanted the lights in our home to have a sea faring feel. Here are some picks for your sea inspired home!
1. Add a couple over an island or breakfast bar.
2. So cute in a kids bath!
3. Amazing price for such a designer look. Add woven seagrass shades to complete the look!
4. Tucked next to a nail head leather chair, its the perfect compliment for a nod to nautical.
5. LOVE this in a bathroom, quirky in pairs on a dining room wall, beach cottage when done outside.
6. So much more affordable than it’s designer counterparts!
7. Just a wink of beach theme. Reminds me of seaglass found in the sand.
1. Oh my! I am in love! Actually not too bad if only buying one for a flush mount hall light or bathroom light. A few of these mounted on a kitchen ceiling would be SO cool though.
2. Absolutely stunning in person! Feminine and beachy. Fab over a vintage style soaking tub or contrast it in a dining room with a super rustic table and wicker chairs.
3. This beauty doubles as art in a living room!
4. Just gorgeous in a powder room. Could also see them in a built in wet bar area with a hammered copper sink.
5. Gorgeous ocean colored lamp with textured linen shade, would look so pretty next to the bed!
6. Put a few over an island or use the larger version over a breakfast table.
Can’t wait to show you guys the two new nautical lighting fixtures we’ve added to our home! Stay tuned.
Our new wonderful home is a classic Williamsburg style home. I’m a true believer in decorating a home somewhat along the lines of what style home it is. For example, if you have a Hamptons beach cottage, I think its silly looking to decorate the interior in Hollywood Regency style. I don’t mind touches of a look you really like, but I do feel the homes’ insides should somewhat reflect the outside.
With that being said, our new home was an abomination when we moved in! The previous owners LOVED Tuscan style…and not good Tuscan style…gaudy, old lady, over done Tuscan. It was bad! We’ve painted and replaced lighting in many of the rooms, but since we’re not rolling over in cash…well its going to be an on going process for a while to come.
Our powder room is BEGGING us to help it. Here take a look…
The vanity area complete with a new vanity, lighting and oil rubbed bronze fixtures just not in the style I would go with. I would LOVE something like this…